Pristine Jungle Location– Costa Rican Getaway with Lucrative Business Potential
Situated on 3 hectares (7.5 acres) of lush forest in the mountains overlooking Costa Rica’s central valley, this boutique mountain resort and retreat/conference center has a growing reputation and serves as a complete turnkey operation with well-trained and competent staff.
The Resort Features:
· 10 elegantly furnished casitas, each with private bath and Jacuzzi tub; each casita sleeps up to 4 guests with 2 queen beds;
· Infinity-edge pool with lounge chairs and shaded area for relaxing;
· Gourmet kitchen and restaurant complete with appliances, dishes and utensils;
· Newly constructed Day Spa, Wellness Center and Fitness Room with shower and two bathrooms; may also be converted into additional workshop or classroom space;
· Brand new, expansive teakwood open-air pavilion/conference venue with breathtaking jungle views; ideal for hosting retreats and gatherings of any kind, ranging from yoga, aerobics and dance to weddings, spiritual seminars and professional workshops;
· Established garden areas, dozens of mature fruit trees, and a thriving hydroponic greenhouse provide organic vegetables, fruits and herbs. 1 acre of the land has been reforested with valuable pochote hardwood trees;
· Pure water source on property from abundant mountain spring with well-functioning retaining tanks and irrigation system;
· Comfortable lounge and reception area with balcony overlooking the jungle; perfect area for guests to convene for dining, gatherings of any kind, or to be used as workshop space;
· 3 bedroom / 2 bath home for owners or managers; can also be converted into additional guest space;
· Hiking trails throughout the property, with access to a tilapia pond, mountain creek and panoramic views of the jungle and Pacific Ocean; Wi-fi is available.
· Sustainability features, including on-site fresh water source, solar energy, recycling and composting, as well as fully functional organic and hydroponic greenhouse. Awarded the Certificate for Sustainable Tourism given to distinct hotels by the Costa Rican Institute of Tourism;
· Abundant wildlife for an exceptional Costa Rican experience – white-faced monkeys, jungle reptiles and dozens of species of tropical birds, including colorful toucans and macaws, are seen daily.
10 Elegantly furnished casitas with private bath and Jacuzzi tub, television, armoire, coffee maker and mini-fridge.
7.5 acres of jungle flora, mountain trails and pristine valley vistas, with rushing waterfalls just around the corner.
Expansive teakwood floors welcome you to the resort’s octagonal open-air pavilion overlooking valleys of lush jungle below. An expansive venue for yoga classes, spiritual workshops, weddings or professional trainings, including ample wall-space, ballet-height railings and 270-degree panoramic vistas, this special space channels the rainforest energy for heightened awareness and connection with nature. Brand new retractable screens shield the elements come heavy winds or rainfall, so any time of year is ideal to visit. A circular skylight above is your window to cloud-studded blue skies by day and inviting starry nights after dusk.
The existing business on the property functions as an eco-resort and retreat center specializing in yoga, alternative medicine and wellness services. The business itself is a Costa Rican corporation fully owned by Coast-to-Rica, LLC (an Arizona, U.S. corporation). In businesssince January 2006, the resort attracts yoga, art and spirituality retreats as well as individuals inneed of a respite from the rigors of daily life. Guests are transformed here, as is evident by hundreds of positive reviews, giving the resort a 4 ½ star rating from TripAdvisor.com, who recently awarded the resort the prestigious 2012 Traveler’s Choice Award as the 3rd ranking Relaxation and Spa Hotel in all of Central America. The business has a well-developed and fully functional website complete with professional search-engine optimization (SEO), as well as a growing social media presence, including twitter account and two facebook pages with 1500 “friends” and over 1100 “likes.” A mailing list of nearly 6,000 people also supports marketing efforst. Thanks to our professional SEOs, the resort consistently ranks in the top 5 yoga retreats and wellness centers worldwide on google search engines, and in the top 2 for yoga-related hotels, retreats and vacations in Costa Rica.
On-site staff are well-trained, competent and trustworthy. As part of our eco-tourism sustainability program, we are dedicated to hiring local staff, and accounting, maintenance, massage, cleaning and chef services are all performed by Costa Rican employees. Staff will be happy and grateful to stay on for new owners – plus, they are an amazing source for local knowledge and know-how; getting things done the Costa Rican way. The business will need an experienced manager or management team, as the current owners fulfill that role now and will be leaving with the sale of the property.
In operation and growing since January 2006, the business alone (exclusive of land, buildings and improvements) is valued at over $1.1 million, with good profit potential in the next five years, according to professional financial projections. With minimal investment and renewed energy, it is sure to continue growing year after year, generating additional revenue for owners and investors. Professional property appraisal is completed.
The resort is located equidistant from the Costa Rican capital of San Jose and the Pacific Coast beaches, specifically 1-hour’s drive West of San Jose, and 1-hour’s drive East of popular beach town Jaco, with access to Costa Rica’s brand new highway, as well as an alternate scenic route featuring some of the country’s most beautiful mountain vistas. Set among 7.5 acres of fruit trees and endless forested valley views, the resort is both secluded and conveniently accessible 2 km from a small, rural and traditional town and 19km from a larger town where you will find all necessary shops and services, including banks, hospital, markets,mechanics, retail shopping and more. This rural mountain location offers a unique, traditional Costa Rican experience away from the hubbub of the city or overcrowded touristy zones.
Nearby attractions include the traditional town of San Pablo, where guests can experience the one-of-a-kind Costa Rican culture and way of life, as yet undisturbed by tourism and foreign companies (unfortunately, this is not the case elsewhere in the country). In addition, there are beautiful hiking trails, horseback riding tours and gorgeous private waterfalls and rivers nearby to enjoy the jungle wildlife first-hand. Plus, owners and guests can experience exceptional tours to Poas Volcano and La Paz Waterfall Gardens, Jaco Beach, Carara National Park, Tortuga Island Calypso Cruise, the museums and markets of San Jose, and an Adventure Park for zip-line canopy tours, all less than 1.5 hours drive from the resort.
In addition to its secluded yet convenient location, the property is bordered by two stretches of land on either side, of which one is currently for sale and the other will be shortly, providing stable prospects for expansion should you so choose. The area is beginning to develop slowlybut surely, guaranteeing an upward trend in property value, making the resort a promising property investment.
About Costa Rica
One of the world’s top vacation destinations, Costa Rica is best known for its natural beauty and wildlife diversity, gorgeous landscapes and enticing beaches, helpful, friendly people and their contagious Pura Vida approach to life. Pura Vida translates to Pure Life, an easygoing cultural style that permeates all aspects of Costa Rican living, from relationships and business to Costa Ricans’ ever-present zest for life and joyful sense of optimism for the future. With no standing army for the past sixty years, a Nobel Peace Prize-winning former President and the government’s newly established Ministry of Justice and Peace, Costa Rica is known around the world as a leader in international peace efforts. This peaceful environment and welcoming attitude toward foreigners and investment make Costa Rica the ideal location for new businesses and lifestyles abroad.
This magical country inspires the senses in truly transformative ways, through interactions with the local people eager to share their culture, immersing yourself in the natural beauty of the rainforest and beaches, and finding oneness within the serenity of your jungle surroundings.
Offered at $ 1.7 Million, US$
Professional independent architects' appraisal of land/buildings is complete.
Professional accountant's projections of business potential is complete
All information presented here and in these sites is proposed and is subject to change or elimination by the Owner or Developer at any time without notice. The questions and answers on this website are for informational purposes only. All questions and answers proposed are subject to any change without any notice.